Mosaic on canvas in 3 steps
- 1. Upload photos
- 2. Choose mosaic
- 3. Print mosaic
Create a photo mosaic – How it works…
Photo mosaic in detail
- use between 30 and 1,000 photos
- all detail images in 2 cm print size
- maximum print size 160 x 120 cm
- delivered in 1-3 business days
- Free preview in 2 variants
Photo mosaics are printed on
- canvas on a stretcher frame
- acrylic glass in two thicknesses
- Alu-Dibond, white or metallic
- Poster, matte or gloss
|XS||8 x 8 in (20 x 20 cm)||£ 30.00||£ 19.00 £ 30.00||select|
|XS||12 x 8 in (30 x 20 cm)||£ 39.00 £ 44.00||select|
|XS||12 x 12 in (30 x 30 cm)||£ 44.00 £ 54.00||select|
|XS||16 x 12 in (40 x 30 cm)||£ 69.00||£ 49.00 £ 59.00||select|
|XS||16 x 16 in (40 x 40 cm)||£ 54.00 £ 64.00||select|
|S||20 x 20 in (50 x 50 cm)||£ 69.00 £ 79.00||select|
|S||24 x 16 in (60 x 40 cm)||£ 69.00 £ 79.00||select|
|S||28 x 20 in (70 x 50 cm)||£ 76.00 £ 89.00||select|
|M||32 x 24 in (80 x 60 cm)||£ 99.00||£ 79.00 £ 89.00||select|
|M||36 x 24 in (90 x 60 cm)||£ 99.00||£ 89.00 £ 109.00||select|
|L||48 x 32 in (120 x 80 cm)||£ 119.00 £ 134.00||select|
|XL||60 x 40 in (150 x 100 cm)||£ 149.00 £ 169.00||select|
Shipping discount from 2nd product of same size
All prices incl. VAT
When will your mosaic be delivered:
* possible for orders up to 12 noon
We deliver with:
|Size||Overnight Upgrade||Express Upgrade||Delivery|
|XS||8 x 8 in||£ 89.95||£ 5.95||£ 12.95|
|XS||12 x 8 in||£ 89.95||£ 5.95||£ 12.95|
|XS||12 x 12 in||£ 89.95||£ 5.95||£ 12.95|
|XS||16 x 12 in||£ 89.95||£ 5.95||£ 12.95|
|XS||16 x 16 in||£ 89.95||£ 5.95||£ 12.95|
|S||20 x 20 in||£ 89.95||£ 7.95||£ 15.95|
|S||24 x 16 in||£ 89.95||£ 7.95||£ 15.95|
|S||28 x 20 in||£ 89.95||£ 7.95||£ 15.95|
|M||32 x 24 in||£ 89.95||£ 7.95||£ 15.95|
|M||36 x 24 in||£ 139.95||£ 9.95||£ 19.95|
|L||48 x 32 in||£ 139.95||£ 12.95||£ 19.95|
|XL||60 x 40 in||£ 0.00||£ 12.95||£ 29.95|
All prices incl. VAT
Shipping discount from 2nd product of same size
All Delivery times
Photo mosaic – Your picture in 1,000 photos
A photo mosaic is made up of many tiny images. These are laid down in a grid and work together with the main picture to produce a photo mosaic. Whereas our photo collages have space for a maximum of 29 photos, you can use up to 1,000 photos for a photo mosaic.
A photo mosaic – what is that?
The mosaic as an object of art has been popular for a very long time. Even back in antiquity, this art form was fascinating. With the invention of the photo mosaic at the end of the 20th century, the mosaic found new popularity – the technology to create one large image out of many small ones opens up possibilities for artistic momentos and photo gifts.
How a photo mosaic is made
In order to create a photo mosaic, you need many small pictures, which will be arranged behind the main image in a grid. The mosaic collage in the background will be produced quite differently, depending on:
- the number of small pictures – Here the rule of thumb is, the more pictures you upload, the less often the picture will be repeated. On larger mosaics, up to 5,000 little pictures will be depicted. If you upload 50 pictures to create your mosaic, this means that each picture will be depicted 100 times. If you upload 500 pictures, consequently, each picture will be depicted only 10 times. Our tip: you shouldn’t upload less than 50 pictures. The more pictures you upload, the better.
- the size you want the mosaic to be
The size of the mosaic will determine how many pictures you will see on the finished image. On a 60 x 40cm mosaic, you will see 810 small pictures, for example. On a 160 x 120 cm mosaic, you’ll see 6,400 small pictures.
- the size of the individual pictures
If the individual pictures in the image are too small, it will be difficult to see them properly. If they are too big, they take away from the overall impression of the main motif. Many years of experience have brought us to the conclusion that 2cm is the optimal size for the individual pictures.
- the side aspect of the individual pictures
depending on whether the uploaded pictures are in portrait or landscape format, an individual picture grid must be established. Because most mosaics involve a mixture of all side aspects, the collage grid in the background is completely unique, like a fingerprint. There are 40 million picture grid possibilities for a 160 x 120 cm mosaic alone. Combined with the motifs of the pictures, it would be almost impossible to create exactly the same photo mosaic twice.
- selected main image
The selected main image is the most important component of the photo mosaic. It is responsible for the decisive impression of the image by the viewer. In selecting your photos, you should therefore give priority to motifs with even, large, coloured areas. Large, simple images are much easier to see on the finished mosaic. Details on the main picture can become lost in the grid of the many tiny pictures making up the mosaic background.
This is how many little pictures your mosaic will have
|Printed size in cm||No. of small pictures|
|30 x 20 cm||210 pictures|
|40 x 30 cm||400 pictures|
|60 x 40 cm||810 pictures|
|80 x 60 cm||1600 pictures|
|120 x 90 cm||3600 pictures|
|160 x 120 cm||6400 pictures|
Create a photo mosaic – here’s how
It’s very easy to create a photo mosaic online these days. In just three steps, you can create a mosaic from many tiny pictures.
- Upload your selected photos. Here you should decide in advance which picture you want to have as a main image and which will make up the background. The main image should have a simple motif with strong colours. The individual background pictures can be of lower resolution. For these, the rule of thumb is: the more, the better. Once all pictures have been uploaded, we’ll create a mosaic collage from them within 24 hours.
- Confirmation of the mosaic preview. You will receive a preview of your mosaic from us. Now you can decide if you want to order the mosaic as it is or if we should make some corrections to it for you.
- Order your photo mosaic. Once you are happy with your mosaic, you can decide how we should print it for you. We currently offer canvas, acrylic glass, Alu-Dibond and poster as printing media. We produce photo mosaics in the sizes between a minimum of 60 x 40 cm and a maximum of 160 x 120 cm. After you have placed your order, printing and delivery take around 3 working days. If you want to present your mosaic as a gift on a special occasion, please plan in at least 4 working days. If that’s already too late, we can offer our express delivery service.
Photo mosaics as gifts
Photo mosaics make popular gifts for special occasions. We print very many mosaics from wedding photos, for anniversaries or for birthdays. But mosaic images are also widely used to depict holidays, trips or time spent abroad.